"Save as Adobe PDF" Reorders Worksheets in Microsoft Excel

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

When I attempt to use the "Save as Adobe PDF" option in Microsoft Excel, a dialog box comes up which allows me to pick various worksheets which I want to include in the PDF, etc.  In this case, I pick conversion range to be "Sheet(s)" then select a few sheets to be converted to PDF.  The PDF generates fine, although the auto size to paper width could use some tuning to avoid splitting merged cells that span multiple rows onto different pages...

The problem is that after the PDF is generated, somehow all but one of the worksheets that I selected for printing have been reordered (brought to the left-most position in Excel).  The last worksheet I select is never moved from its normal position, regardless of how many sheets I select for conversion.

The other factor in this behavior is that it only occurs when I am working with AutoSave enabled in Excel (either on a file stored on a Teams/Sharepoint site or on my OneDrive).  If I work without AutoSave, the issue does not occur (even on a Teams/Sharepoint/OneDrive location).

The workaround is, of course, to turn off AutoSave before using the Save to Adobe PDF feature, but it certainly is inconvenient to deal with.  Is this a known bug, and is a fix planned?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?