"Send for shared comments" - no connection for users with Adobe Reader

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I need help and don't know who I should ask. So I hope sb will help me 🙂

I'm using licensed Adobe Acrobat Standard DC (2021.011.20039) and would like to organize PDF reviews with shared comments. The document is stored at a network drive on which ALL participants have got access. Everything is working fine for users which are also using Adobe Standard/Pro (comments are visible), but users with installed Adobe Reader (standard in my company, 22.001.20117) don't get an online connection after opening the review document. No comments are visible. It has 100% nothing to do with access rights at the selected network drive. They have partially right access at network drive where the PDF to check is stored, but it doesn't change anything.

What can I do? Is this a problem of any settings in Adobe?

I checked the steps to start a review already together with sb who has Adobe Pro license, he made exactly the same. But in his case it's working always, but not when I create a review from my installation.

"Network folder" in dialog "Send for Shared Commenting" is chosen and test is successfully.

Copy is saved locally. No "deadline" is chosen". Not sent per Adobe, but one Review participant is typed in (myself, but I also tried to add other persons who should be able to participate, also later with tracker, but it's not changing anything).

Thank you in advance.

Manuel

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?