"Widget" annotation not nested inside a "Form" structure element PDF

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

Reposting with different title hoping to get help. Cannot figure this out!

In the attached document I get an error in Pac3 for a Save and Reset button on page 1 of this document.

The error is: "Widget" annotation not nested inside a "Form" structure element PDF

CyndyB836_0-1659541461380.png

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

I've tried:

• Deleting the tags and the buttons and putting them back
  • Deleting the buttons (this makes the ones on page 2 then have the same error); when I re-add in the buttons the error moves back to page 1 buttons
  • Having a colleague do the same things.
  • Using Foxit instead of Adobe (which oddly is the only way I can select options on the "Reset" button to select what fields I want to reset).
  • I don't want to restart just to have the same issue at the end.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Thank you anyone who can help!

Cyndy

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms , Print and prepress , Rich media and 3D , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you confirm what was the source document that produced this PDF?

Also, does the save button using any type of document-level script or an Acrobat built-in feature?

You also mentioned that on Foxit you're able to use a reset button, but your screenshot shows a button labeled as "Save".

Do all the button widgets assigned a unique field name in that PDF?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines