• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quotation marks becoming "subscript" upon printing

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a professor, receiving end-of-semester papers from students, who just recently updated OS software (to 10.5.7) and moved from an older Acrobat to the latest Acrobat DC. Anyway, PDF format papers appear fine on-screen, but when printed, all the single and double quotation marks have dropped to the bottom of the line as if they're subscript. This was not happening with the earlier version(s) of Acrobat, but there's no obvious way for me to correct this. I tried changing a few of the printing parameters (including from Postscript Language Level 3 to Language Level 2), but so far nothing corrects this problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  -gf

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gregory

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, when printing the PDF, all the single and double quotation marks have dropped to the bottom of the line as if they're subscript.

- Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check

- What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.2055 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

- What is the make and model of the printer? Also please check for any missing/pending updates for printer driver and firmware and try updating it and check

Please try to print the PDF as image and see if that helps. Go to Print > Advanced > Print as Image

Also please check the steps shared in the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Amal,
To answer your questions:
>
> - Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check
>
>
This is occurring with multiple PDF files, sent by multiple students. In fact, I’ve just checked, and it’s occurring with files that previously printed out flawlessly in Acrobat 9 and an earlier Mac OS.
> - What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.2055 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.
>

That is the version of Acrobat DC I’m using.

> - What is the make and model of the printer? Also please check for any missing/pending updates for printer driver and firmware and try updating it and check
>
Hewlett Packard HP Color Laserjet CP2025. I’ll have to investigate whether there’s a driver update, though usually HP notifies me if there is one.

> Please try to print the PDF as image and see if that helps. Go to Print > Advanced > Print as Image

As an Image, it prints correctly.

-gf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines