Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

radio buttons not working when PDF uploaded to website

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, i tried to look for a thread already but couldn't see one.

I have added a radio button to a PDF (save doc and then email doc), which works on the PDF but when i upload it to our website this function stops working. Website is Contensis.

Is this something to do with my website or do i need to save/do anything to the PDF to enable this function to work?

Many thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what app does you use the PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is what you're after but my colleagues, and myself, currently just open it on the desktop (for testing purposes). We don't use an app per se.

I have also just noticed when doing the testing - through the web link - that on Chrome it also doesn't work out the sums i also have included, however it does this on Edge. 

I'm not tech savvy, apologies. Have only really picked things up through trial and error and the support community here 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the file in Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set this in DC Pro so the end user can only open in this way?....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. Best you can do is include a warning message that says to use Adobe software. You need to make it visible by default, and use a script to hide it if the file is opened in an Adobe app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome uses its own, sub-par, PDF plugin, where many features such as form fields and scripts don't work properly. As mentioned, you should save the file first and then open it using Adobe Reader for best results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines