Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radio buttons vs checkboxes and Grouping

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Massive frustration!!!!!

I have started with a Word document and created a basic form. In a couple of sections I have checkboxes for yes/no responses. When I go through the process of "prepare form", Adobe makes all the checkboxes into radio buttons and sometimes groups them. 

I have tried a million different things but have become so frustrated the entire laptop will soon go out the window and I will use a basic pen and paper for better efficiency. It should not be this difficult to get checkboxes recognized wihtout having to delete everything in the PDF and then trying to get equally size and properly align checkboxes.

Surely there is a better solution!!!!!!!!!!

PS: in the samples attached, the "prepare form" does properly recoginize the checkboxes in the lower section of the document where it list membership types. 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The form fields detection wizard can't be relied on to do a good job. Any results it produces should be considered the starting-point in the form creation process, certainly not the target goal. If you want more consistent results you would need to use a script to identify and create the fields, but it has to be based on text, as a script can't identify images or graphics.

For example, I've developed this (paid-for) tool to create check-boxes or radio-buttons (depending on the character used) based off of Windings symbols: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-convert-wingdings-characters-to-check-boxes-or-radio-butto...

Another (paid-for) tool I created will convert strings of underscores to text fields: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-convert-underscores-to-text-fields

Both tools have a 100% accuracy rate, unlike the "wizard".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines