Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radio Option When Preparing Form

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

When I create a document out of Excel, let's say I have 10 lines. Each line has a "Yes" "No" and "N/A" option. When I click on prepare form it places text boxes in those three slots instead of radio boxes. 

My question is, what can I do in Excel prior to exporting my document to PDF, so when I click the Prepare Form option, the software understands these need to be Radio boxes instead of Text boxes. In addition, it needs to group each line individually. So if I have 10 lines, it would create 10 groups, and each group will have 3 options of "Yes" "No" and "N/A". 

Please let me know how I can achieve this as this can impact me and my team greatly and increase the productivity of the whole group. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing, really. It's pretty much a trial-and-error process to find out what Acrobat identifies as a radio-button, and what as a text field (or any other field type). And grouping them together is out of the question entirely. It never does that.
However, if you used a script to create the fields then identifying certain textual elements is possible, with 100% accuracy, but grouping them is still quite tricky.

I've actually developed a (paid-for) tool that does just that, and I could try and customize it for you to also identify and group fields together. You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-convert-wingdings-characters-to-check-boxes-or-radio-butto...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines