• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAISE without a handler Mac OS 10.15

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to mac os 10.15 recently and then adobe acrobat kept crashing with the (RAISE without a handler message), any idea what is it and what to do??.

i had the same problembefore when i downloaded the catalina beta version, then i had to erase my ssd and reinstall everything and it was working, now with the official catalina i get this again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Hi,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes 

Please try it out and let us know your feedback. Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this message several times a day since Acrobat DC 2018.
I often saw him at the time of Acrobat 5 and 6 and since then I missed him a little bit...

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment no version is officially compatible with 10.15.
If you are sure to use it, return it to 10.14 or lower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, this is what i did. i also contacted adobe team and they said they will release a compatible update and they did, but i still run 10.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MacOS version will not change the bug and will not prevent this message from appearing.

I see it every day on MacOS 10.11 and 10.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have on-screen keyboard opened up while opening the PDF? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is an "on-screen keyboard"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac provides an On-Screen keyboard as an accessibility feature. Also, you can use it if your MacBook has a broken key. 

Can you let us know if you are using any dictionary app? Also, can you try if the issue gets resolved if the accessibility plugin is removed?

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem when I update my OS to the latest, and I'm using Eudic dictionary app. Every time I opened the Eudic with Adobe Reader, the problem occurred. How can I solve it? I really need the dictionary when I read the literature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not any on-screen keyboard nor dictionary app.

But you may be a wizard: I have not seen this alert for about 2 weeks ... Maybe an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes 

Please try it out and let us know your feedback. Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinod,

I have the current updates but am still getting "There was a RAISE without a handler" error messages. Did the update not account for Keyboard viewer on-screen? I need to keep this open!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me.  I am using a remote access to a server and wonder if that might be the issue, as when I get a pdf via email it opens just fine.  Thoughts?  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

This problem started on December 17, 2019. All was well until then. 

I even tried to install both updates from the Release notes link you provided.

This installation fails at the last step when it asks to choose the Adobe application to update. All options are grayed out and cannot be selected. 

This is frustrating as I cannot review, print or save since December 17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is continuing and very frustrating!  

I have checked through help and it shows up to date.

It means I cannot get some attachments which affects my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac 12.2.1

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 11.34.29 AM.png

August, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here the same problem with the latest Acrobat Reader version an MacOS 12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines