• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random brackets are popping up around equations when autotagging a document

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Random brackets are popping up around equations when I autotag a document (note the PDF was generated via LaTeX as opposed Word). The document is untagged when first generated so I need to apply the autotag feature to make it web accessible.  Has anyone else encountered this? I tried to edit the document and remove them manually but they don't appear as editable objects.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samiam,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As you are using the Autotag feature, could you please confirm if the issue occurs only with this particular document?

Would you mind sharing the original PDF and the PDF on which the tagging is done? We would like to check the file at our end.

Please share the Acrobat and OS version used on the machine. Also, confirm if you noticed the same behavior when using the auto-tag feature with other files.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenaksi,

Thank you for responding! This issue has occured with one other document that we autotagged (we ended up publishing it with the extra brackets - there were only a couple and we couldn't solve the problem).

I am using Window 10 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I am assuming it is the most recent version as I renewed my subscription recently (my Properties doesn't tell me which version, except to say "20").

I've attached the original (untagged) document.

Thank you for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Meenaksi,

I responded to your question online earlier, but wasn't certain you received it.

Thank you for responding! This issue has occurred with one other document that we auto tagged (we ended up publishing it with the extra brackets - there were only a couple and we couldn't solve the problem).

I am using Window 10 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I am assuming it is the most recent version as I renewed my subscription recently (my Properties doesn't tell me which version, except to say "20").

I've attached a portion of the original (untagged) document.

When I tag the document in Foxit, the brackets do not show up, and when I open the Adobe tagged document in Foxit, the brackets also do not show up. So, it seems to be an Adobe thing.

Unfortunately, Foxit does not do a great job of tagging our documents for web accessibility, so I always opt to use Adobe.

Thank you for your help!

Ann Mariscak
Administrator, Centre for Science Advice | Administrateur, Centre des avis scientifiques
Pacific Region | Région du Pacifique
Fisheries and Oceans Canada | Pêches et Océans Canada
Nanaimo, B.C. | Nanaimo (CB)
[cid:image004.jpg@01D67240.DE7DD430]
Positive Space Ambassador
Pronouns: She, Her

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines