• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random dots/periods when converting Word doc to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I convert this Word document there are random dots or periods at the top half of the page. It's only happening with this document, and the Word version does not have those dots/periods. This started happening recently, within the last month. It's easy to remove those dots in the PDF file, but I'll have 20-30 of these in one file and it's frustrating.

Adobe File.png

Word File.png

  

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like they might be microdots, put into the PDF at the beginning of every paragraph.

When you exported to PDF, did you check an option for "Advanced" tagging? If so, uncheck it and export a new PDF.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save the file as "Save as Adobe PDF" and there are no tagging options. I only see "View Result" and "Restrict Editing" as boxes I can check and they are both unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 1.49.45 pm.png

 I had some problems with dots creating a "best for printing" pdf from word document. I changed the settings to best for electronic distribution and it fixed the problem. Maybe that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I had WHAT I THOUGHT were dots at the beginning of some fields (text entries in a table) in a PDF I was trying to create from a Word document. When I zoomed way way in, it turned out that they were tiny bits of text before each bit of text, "0B, 1B, 2B," etc. Turned out those were "hidden bookmarks" from the Word document (someone else's doc, not mine). Once I told Acrobat to stop creating bookmarks during the conversion, my "dots" (which were not dots) went away, and the PDF came out perfectly.

It took me well over an hour to figure all that out, though -posting here in case it helps anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines