Randomly Scans negative (white lettering on black background)

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 12.4,  Acrobat Pro 2022.001.20112, HP Color LJ MFP M477fdw

Scanning a large document (64 pages) through ADF and all are white paper, black lettering. At about the 14th page it begins to randomly scan pages in the negative (black background, white lettering). It seems to do this almost every other page for the rest of the scan. Tried multiple times and always somewhere around the 10-15 page scan it starts doing this, randomly making pages negative. I tried printing these pages just to see if it was a display issue, but they are also prining negative.

Any idea what might be causing this? I'd really hate to have to scan this 64 page document one at a time.

Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make sure I understand, you're running an ADF through Acrobat? I'm curious, as you do this, do you see the ADF's scanner software or are you seeing Apple's Image Capture?

Please try this: use the software that comes with the scanner. If the software allows you to save the file as a PDF, go ahead and do that. Now, even if that software lets you process the pages with OCR. Make a copy of the document and run those pages through Acrobat to process the OCR. Now, compare the results: my guess is that the Acrobat one will be much smaller and the OCR will be better in quality (fewer errors). 

Let me know.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, with the HP Color LJ MFP M479fdw; every 4th or 5th page is negative.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat is not involved in the scanning process. Contact the HP support for help with this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines