• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Redaction Issue - Disappearing Text

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having reports of the same issue in my organization.  We are using Adobe Pro 2015 Version: 15.6.30499.341880 with Windows version 1703.

Workers are marking the document for redaction, applying the redaction marks, removing the hidden information, then Save the document.  After the document is saved, the pages turn white and all that is left are the redaction marks. 

Are there any answers from Adobe on this issue????

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tiae,

Sorry for the trouble caused.

As you have mentioned above, on applying redaction marks the text on the PDF disappears.

Could you please provide more details about the issue?

- Did you start experiencing this issue recently after updating the application?

- Is it an issue that occurs with all the PDFs?

- Do all the users at your organization experience this behavior?

- Would it be possible to share any sample document? we would like to check it on our end.

You may share the sample file using the steps provided here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This was happening before and after any updates.  It is happening with most PDF's.  Yes, most of our workers are experiencing this. I cannot share a sample as we are a child welfare state agency.

We are looking into purchasing another redaction software because of this issue.  Workers are having to redact large documents sometimes up to 1000 pages multiple times - which is a waste of tax payer dollars.

Thanks,

TiaE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old version. Has the current version been evaluated (there have been dozens of fixes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the version that we have and if I click on Help > check for updates - it says there are no updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using a version that was superseded by Acrobat 2017, towards the end of 2016. There are no updates, Acrobat 2017 is a new version. (This is why a subscription to Acrobat DC is strongly recommended).

So, that's the version you have but it may have all sorts of unfixed bugs. It seems odd to suggest switching to a different app rather than at least trying the current version of the same app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my organization purchased these licenses, they did not purchase the subscription as we purchased 500 licenses.   So, you are saying that there is no way to fix our current version - Our only option is to re-purchase the newest version via a subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am saying that this version is superseded. No fixes are made to superseded versions, except critical security fixes. You have chosen to run out of date software, and you are likely to find bad consequences of that. Your budget needed to include upgrades, not just initial purchase. No idea what you mean by "didn't purchase the subscription as we purchased 500 licenses" - the subscription comes in enterprise licensing.

"Our only option is to re-purchase the newest version via a subscription?" That's not what I said. I said "Acrobat 2017 is a new version". That is to say, Acrobat 2017 is the permanent license successor. However, it will come to the end of its life pretty soon, I imagine, it may not be a good investment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you can no longer get an upgrade from Acrobat 2015 to 2017, so they would need to get a new license, either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues as well - w/ the most recent version of DC pro.  Along w/ many other glitches.  An answer would be appreciated ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issues. I found advice for something related (https://www.nextofwindows.com/fix-what-to-do-when-adobe-pdf-text-content-disappearing). They suggested merging layers by printing the file to Adobe PDF. I was then able to redact this "flattened" version. Spurious redaction marks showed up where they weren't needed, but the confidential information was protected. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had this problem recently in 2021? I have this problem where I highlight and comment on a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021.005.20060 and then the text randomly disappears after a few hours of me working on the doc. Sometimes the text disappears from a few pages and then seconds later all of the pages are blank, and sometimes just a few pages have text disappear. The highlights are still on the doc, and the comments are on the side bar, but if I search the doc for a word, nothing comes up becuase the text isn't there. I've tried both saving AND not saving the doc to see if it reverts back, most of the time doesn't revert and I have to start all over again, but a couple times it has reverted back so I'm not sure what the solution and problem is?

This has been an ongoing issue for me and it seems like a user should not have to merge layers or move the document around on his computer just for the text to stay put. This seems like a software problem based on what I have read from other users' encounters. Please help, Adobe, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is 2022 and this just happened to me. Looks like the redactions were performed "free hand" on an image. Then after redaction, the image was removed, leaving only the redaction marks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines