• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Read Mode

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open PDFs, they always have this menu on the right that I never really want.  If I go to Read Mode, and click it, that fixes it but only for that one file.  As soon as I open a new file, the same thing recurs.  I followed the advice I saw online which was to close out my browser and to then open acrobat dc reader and turn that mode off by unchecking a box that you get to under preferences, then something I forget, then internet, but that did not seem to change anything.  Perhsps thast only works if the PDF is being accessed via the interent.  I did not reboot the computer but I don't imagine that is necessary. I closed out acrobat and reopened it.

Here's a clue.  Almost all of my PDFs are created by me in MS Office 365, i.e., via EXCEL or Word - via Microsoft Print to PDF. Somewhere I think I read something about the way a PDF document looks when you open it up can be controlled by the program it came from.  So, perhaps, I need to change a setting in the MS Office programs to fix this problem?  Can someone tell me what might work?  Also, while I'm at it, even after I temporarily make that read mode go away, then the size is too small and I always need to enlarge it for my old person eyes.  Is there a way where the default size would be larger, like 200%?

Thanks very much!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

There used to be a setting in Prefs - I think it was in the Documents section that would allow you to have Acrobat remember the last state of the interface/tools pane when re-opening.  I am not near my machine with Acrobat, so I can't check.  But I may remember that it was taken away in a recent release.  See if that feature is still there - it may be helpful for your needs.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Actually, that might be it.  It's "remember current state of tools pane".  I think that is working. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Super!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dean,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind sharing the screenshot or a small video recording of the issue you are experiencing with the menu bar on the right side? So that we can look into it and assist you better?

Also to change the default zoom to 200%, please go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display, and set the zoom level to your requirement > Click OK and reboot the application and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shot is below:  You can see the bar on the right.  Thnak you.

dean21860018m32m_0-1651509227349.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please click on the small arrow as shown in the screenshot to minimize the pane as shown below:

Capture.PNG

Go to Edit > preferences > Documents > Select 'Restore last view settings when reopening the document' > click OK and reboot the application.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks for pointing out the arrow.  It seems to minimize it, making it very narrow but doesn't completely make it go away, which I would prefer.  Another arrow at the bottom seems to then make it go away.  However, the preferences change did not seem to help the next time I opened that same document,  Do I need to resave that document?  I tried that too and it didn't seem to help.  Also, if it only fixes that problem for susbsequent re-openings of the same document, that is not of much use to me.  I would like it to be gone for all documents opened thereafter.  Please address all my points.  Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be a setting in Prefs - I think it was in the Documents section that would allow you to have Acrobat remember the last state of the interface/tools pane when re-opening.  I am not near my machine with Acrobat, so I can't check.  But I may remember that it was taken away in a recent release.  See if that feature is still there - it may be helpful for your needs.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, that might be it.  It's "remember current state of tools pane".  I think that is working. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines