• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Read versus Save

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i open a document and have marked the box for read only, Acrobat also saves the file.  i do not want the file saved i want to read only, as i indicated.  is there a fix for this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What box have you marked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as i said "READ"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does you see this in Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know WHAT box. I don't see any box like this. A screen shot is recommended. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My apologies, it seems to be the problem is in the Firefox Browser.  Whenever i opened a document a box would open open and ask "read" in Acrobat and Adobe would open up the document.   A box would also come up for "save".  Something changed in Firefox, i believe, because now when i ask for "read" it not only reads but "Saves"  Then i must go into the Downloads file and Delete all the unwanted documents.  It became frustrating and i thought it was Adobe's problem.  Getting nowehre with Adobe i turned to the community trying to find an easy answer instead of doing my due dilengence research.  Again, my apologies if i have been missleading, or lacking in complete information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines