Reading DRM-protected PDFs

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read on Tom's Guide that the Adobe Acrobat reader could read DRM protected pdfs. However, when I try to read my DRM protected PDFs , I get an error about the app not having the required features. I'm logged in with the same Adobe ID that was used to encrypt the PDFs. Any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different kinds of DRM. Exactly how was the DRM added? Adobe's full DRM is not added with Acrobat or an Adobe ID, so this is hard to follow. Or when you say "DRM" do you just mean an open password? Also, what platform (eg Windows 11, Mac OS Catalina, iPhone...?) for Acrobat Reader, and what version?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Weird, I replied to your response right away, but I don't see it now. Let's try again.]

Gosh, sorry I didn't mention the platform. I assumed when I posted from my Google Pixel 5 running Android 12, that context would be provided. I assumed incorrectly.

I don't know anything about DRM except that I needed an Adobe ID to order and read the books. I ordered the books from http://fishid.com/. See the eBooks section.

I have the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat for Android: 22.6.0.22829.

I hope that helps. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines