Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reading order keeps disappearing - PDF form

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a document (a form) and am trying to make sure it's accessible.

I keep tagging some of the pages (this is something I do a lot so I know they have been tagged correctly) . However, when I go onto the reading order tab, suddenly all the tags disappear.

Page 1 and 4 keep their tags but pages 2,3,5, and 6 the tags have been removed and nothing will show in the reading order.

The content remains in the content tab (tagged as headings, paragraphs or figure etc.) but read aloud does not work and I am not able to change the reading order.

Does anyone knwo what has happened? or if there is a way to fix this, please? I have tried about 4 times now and each time the tags disappear.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any edits made to the doc after you've tagged it?  I've seen simple little tweaks make earlier-made tagging go crazy in the past. Simple things that you wouldn't think would affect the tagging. I  would also copy or save as, to see if it behaves differently as a different file.  Seems out-there, but I've seen all kinds of stuff affect how a document is ultimately tagged.

If there's anything else you can tell us about what might be unique with the doc, do so, please. Good luck!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do the tags still appear in the tags pane on the pages where Reading Order is missing? If the tags are still there, then I would try closing the document and re-opening. Also, the Read Aloud feature in Acrobat is not a viable method of testing accessibility in a PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines