• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redact not working correctly

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I redact a document, as I am applying changes it works fine but when I finalize the redactions it applys it to all pages.

ex. When I redact the first page it applys the redactions of the first page to all pages, even if I only make redactions on the first page.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Redact does not work selectively. It redacts all marked items. But it may well be that I don't understand your problem. May be you post an example (obviously with non sensitive information in).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry must not have explained it correctly, if I make a redaction on page 1, but don't make redactions on page 2, the redactions from page 1 transfer to page 2 without me doing anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can happen if the file was not constructed correctly, or if it has resources (such as images) that are shared across pages. For example, a background image can be used on all pages with a single source stream, so if you redact it on only one page it will apply the same to the others, too. This may not be desired, but that's how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • Extract the first page
  • Redact this page
  • Put the page back in the document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines