• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redacting Issue

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Pro DC frequently to redact Tax File Numbers (TFNs) from Tax Returns and Notices of Assessment.  Quite often when i redact a TFN it also redacts financial information in the body of the tax return.  Even when i do not delete hidden text in the dialogue box that appears the redact tool still deletes material that i dont want deleted.  AS i use this function frequently can you please advise how i can just delete the 9 digit TFN throughout the Tax Return without impacting other data.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you redact the numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is what you're redacting text (ie. can you select it one word at a time), or an image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is text....9 numbers repeated on multiple pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider creating your own custom redaction pattern.  I created one some time ago to remove TFNs, and it worked really well. The file that contains the patters is here:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Redaction\ENU\SearchRedactPatterns.xml

Depending on the specific version you are using it might also be here:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Preferences\Redaction\ENU\SearchRedactPatterns.xml

Just copy one of the existing entries and modify the Regular Expression for the TFN.  

If the pattern matches other numbers on the PDF, then there might be ways to use a script to filter out the redaction search results. For example if the numbers all appear in a single page location.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help but i am not a software developer and i can't find either of the above files in my c: drive..  I think i will have to unsubscribe from Adobe DC and do what should be a simple redaction myself if i can't obtain a simple answer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe did not make this easy.  There are other approaches, but unfortunately they all require scripting. 

I'd be happy to create a solution for you for a fee.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines