• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redaction - Automatically doing TOO much

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am redacting a 500 page document of emails for legal reasons.  After redacting page 3 and 5, Adobe automatically redacts the email signatures found on those pages on EVERY page in the documents.  This is wrong.  Only page 3 and 5 need redaction....the rest must stay visible.  Here are the solutions I have tried and that did not work:

1) Background removal.  I removed all backgrounds (there weren't any).  

2) Resaving the file as an adobe PDF.

3) Flattening the file.  I actually did most items under Advanced Optimization, saved, and redacted.  Still over redacts. 

Now--if the issue was only two pages--I would just print, redact with a sharpie, and rescan.  However, I need to redact over 25% of the file, and this issue is causing a lot of information that needs to be showing to be redacted.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a resolution to this? We are having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What stopped it was updating my version of Adobe.    Before that I had to print the document and scan the document back into a file before redacting.  Took forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines