• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redactions added by another person were not permanent

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro.  My own redactions of files work normally.  

But I sent a copy of my redacted file to someone else, who added a few additional redactions. 

When that person sent the file back to me, the new redactions were not "permanent."  When I tried to print 

the file, even to a PDF, the new redactions were not present. I could click on the added redactions and instantly move or remove them.  

Please let me know how I can deal with this, to make the new redactions permanent.  

Thanks a lot! 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the redaction tool in Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They either didn't apply them, or didn't use the Redaction tool, but something else to "cover up" the text, thinking it's the same (it's not, as you saw).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I think this must the issue.  The other person probably used something other than the redaction tool. But I'm surprised that their changes appeared the same as a redaction on the screen but did not appear when I printed to PDF.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not surprising, since what they did is not really redacting the information, just covering it up (probably with something like a field or a comment), and that can be made visible on screen but not in a print-out. It's also trivial to remove this "cover" entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks again.  the way I had to deal with this, in a hurry, was to just screenshot all the new pseudo-redacted edits before sending the file to where it had to go.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines