• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Registry Entry iDestProfileSelector, Print in Grayscale

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an advanced question for Acrobat DC...

We are trying to update every computer on our network with the correct registry entry to make their printer dialog default (atleast the first time, unless they change it) to "Print in Grayscale" = Yes

Location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVGeneral

The research I've done says that the registry key: iDestProfileSelector is the entry

• On : ”iDestProfileSelector”=dword:00000001
  • Off : ”iDestProfileSelector”=dword:00000004

I have even confirmed that when I print using either option and close the application, the value of iDestProfileSelector does change to these values.  But if I manually change the entry via Regedit, after launching Acrobat DC Pro (I don't have Reader to test) and open the print dialog, it doesn't reflect the change to "Print in Grayscale".  I've tried toggling back and forth with the value, and I've even gone so far as to reboot between registry changes.  I can't seem to get "Print in Grayscale" to activate.

Is there another registry entry that needs changed as well?  We'd really like to get help with this if we can.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Edward.B,

Hope you are doing well. Per the description, I understand that you want to lock the settings for printing.

You may take reference from the given link: Preference Reference for Acrobat and Adobe Reader

Let us know if this works.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that was the documentation we were trying to follow, it lacks any information on forcing the application to print in grayscale.  The only print-dialog option it has documented is bPrintSaveToner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines