Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Registry setting for "Pages Sizing and Handling"

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have about 300 systems with there default printer setting in Acrobat DC set to "fit." I need to change that to "Actual Size." I'm assuming there's a reg setting someplace. Can anybody direct me to that setting? I seem to be unable to find it.

This would be for Windows 7 32bit, Windows 7 64bit, and Windows 10.

Thanks

Eric

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Fit' and 'Actual Size' are View setting, not a print size.  Is it possible that your PDFs are outup to the appropriate 100% size, but are being viewed in a different Acrobat/Reader view magnification?  Any clarification you can provide could be helpful in troubleshooting.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about setting the default printer size or the default viewing size?

There is also a third option setting for the default viewing size for a given PDF.

Adobe has various Administrative tools for deployment and administration of their product. You might want to search the Adobe.com site for this documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responces,

Sorry I wasn't clearer. When I select print, by either clicking on the printer button or choosing File >Print from the file menu all my print options show up including "Page Sizing & Handling" (screen capture below.) I'm looking for the registry value that changes this from "Fit" to "Acutal Size." I don't want to have to touch every machine, I'm looking for a way to script it,  and typically in the past with other applications the registry is the easiest way to make this happen if such a setting exists, but I am certainly open to other options if there is no registry value.

Thanks for the help

Eric

adobe-print.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  In your document Properties dialog, on the Advanced Tab is a Print Dialog section.  You can change the scaling opion of that file here to Page Scaling: None.

So that will work for ONE file.  I am not at a computer with the software currently, but I bet you could batch this process with Acrobat's Action Wizard tools.

Good luck,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just looking for a registry setting that I can throw in my login script or push out with psexec. I'm assuming this is just a quick change in the registry. I mean something get's changed, do you know what it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked in the Acrobat Enterprise Deployment Toolkit? Documents a lot of options and their registry keys, maybe this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, but that's how I created our install and deployed it origonally, I'd just rather not have to build a new install and then role it out company wide again if it's something as simple as a registry change, which I'm betting it is but I'll be darned I can find it. 

I'll have to pull up the deployment tool again and see if I can find something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not talking about the tool but the documentation. Some options can be set later, others only at deployment time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines