• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove AI Assistant Button from Acrobat

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Adobe, like Microsoft, is now force feeding AI to user even thought they don't want it. AI Assistant is not enable but how do we remove the button. We will NEVER use AI.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for not having a solution but I wanted to include my aggreement that the AI Assistant button, notification, and prompts need to an option to hide all that crap.  Stuff pops up when the applicaiton openes and its just Adobe developers being the dumbest people on earth, this is tool not helpful.  I don't understand why the developers can't work on the overall function of the application, like a way to hide the dumb floating tool bar that used to be out of the way and worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jumping on the top comment to give a link to the actual solution (as opposed to the not-correct "correct" answer): https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/1avpv2x/adobe_acrobat_generative_ai_how_to_permanently/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really must agree. These Adobe engineers have engineered  idiocy that is always in the way in Acrobat and I can't get rid of it. Acrobat? Yes, you have to do acrobatics to use it! Damn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael35136960qtlr,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry to hear about your experience.

If you wish to remove the AI assistant feature, refer to the information provided in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/disable-generative-ai.html

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi,

That doesn't do anything but disable some of the AI features.  It does NOT remove the botton from the tool bar.  It does NOT prevent the AI tool from displaying popup windows when opening Adobe.  Why dont you understand this is an annoying feature and, as an Adobe employee, work on a way that the AI feature can be fully disabled at the users discresion?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution to the problem and therefore should not be marked as the correct answer. I have that option disabled in my Preferences, yet every time I open a document in Acrobat, the annoying AI Assistant button is there and and various AI-related messages start displaying, getting in the way of me doing my work. Understand that in many industries, AI is a huge security risk and some companies are disabling it for all employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workforce does not allow Ai on the laptops due to security concerns. 

Those instructions only temporarily disable AI in the Preferences. There is a large pink button on the screen that says AI Assistant.

How do I remove that button and ALL Adobe Ai, so I have a laptop secure from Adobe Ai "learning."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This pop-up should have an exit button on it. It blocks my workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's funny because there's ZERO option in Preferences to do this. I want the AI buttom GONE from absolutely everything Adobe - the chrome extension AND acrobat. I don't use the mobile stuff. AI is horrible and never gets anything right. It doesn't suggest anything useful and only is an irritant which wastes my time. GET RID OF IT ENTIRELY. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y E S!!!

I cannot stand it.  All it does is mess with my pdf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat.  I have it turned off but the button still blocks valuable iPhone real estate and is incredibly annoying.  Who overlays a bright purple button over the text of a work doc?  Ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also looking for a way to remove the AI Assistant button. Infuriating and it's now interrupted my workflow as it keeps popping up trying to - "help"?? Idiotic move by Adobe to force this on users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the steps here: https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/1avpv2x/adobe_acrobat_generative_ai_how_to_permanently/

No more AI popup, no more AI button, hurray! (Note: I'm not the person who originally wrote the article, just very happy I found it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines