• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

remove AI assistant button

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I turned off the generative AI in preferences but still have the AI assistant button in the top right of every open pdf. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of it?

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is similar to Adobe's old aggressive 'Share' functionality they were trying to push.  We are paying (a lot) for a professional tool.  Adobe's insistence on trying to shove features we don't want or didn't ask for into limited screen space is galling.

Thanks for the work around tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

REMOVE THIS CRAP! Ever since I download the new Acrobat with this AI garbage, it runs slower and loads slower. Although I have the AI assistant turned off, the stupid popup stays on to the righ side of every PDF window. I hate it when we arent given the choice because some huge monopoly decides for us what we want. Give us the choise to completley turn it off or on. When its off it stays out of the way!!!!!!!!!!! I doubt anyone is listening to us.........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I download the new Acrobat with this AI garbage, it runs slower and loads slower.

By @MIKE283014632g00

I can't confirm that. But I would strongly doubt that the presence of any button slows down the software.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use it, if you would rather not use it.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a really helpful suggestion.  Except, the new features are placed in a way (unless you revert to the older version) that make it more difficult to NOT use them...meaning, it disrupts the workflow to not use them.  For instance...the new Share feature is "Link" prominent.  To just use the attach feature is now two additional mouse clicks.  I use this feature dozens of times a day to send attachments to clients...clients who want attachments, not links.  This is why features should be optional.  I pay a fee for Adobe to make my work easier...not harder and have always preferred it over any other PDF application, which is why I am here giving feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MSFT Office is looking better & better...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat's generative AI features are currently in beta, AI Assistant and Generative summary are available for testing and feedback. To know more about the genAI, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/generative-ai.html 

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT PAT THE USERS OIN THE HEAD AND TELL THEM WHAT THEY MUST USE!! PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH A WAY TO REMOVE THIS TRASH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're letting you know right here "how it goes."  No real help offered here either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please just tell us how to get rid of the AI Assistant, don't guinea pig us. I have work to do. You are just slowing me down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The soluton for me was to to Menu then to 'disable New Acrobat' and restarted. Not sure if there is a better way but this did get rid of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this was the solution for me. It reverts to the older version of Adobe, which works great for me! Bonus - no more AI assistant clogging my screen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WE WANT THIS CRAP GONE.  PAY ATTENTION.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It goes poorly.   Stop making people use fuctions Adobe thinks they should be using and start making these functions optional.  

Optional functions make EVERYONE happy...because it allows them to choose the functions *They* want to use and not functions they are *forced* to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove this feature; make it optional, it's unnecessarry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How it goes?? STUPID AND ANNOYING.

prd27673909yhpn_0-1714206315267.png

Look at this.. I NEED To capture the date, but it was COVERED by STUPID AI, and THERE IS NO WAY TO SHOW THE DATE. How do I provide the bank with the proof that there is NO OLIVIA ON THE REPORT WHEN YOU PURPOSEFULLY COVER THE EVIDENCE? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi prd27673909yhpn,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

If you wish to turn off the AI Assistant feature, please refer to the steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/disable-generative-ai.html.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has got to be a joke right?

THIS OPTION DOES NOTHING!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi,

Why do you keep replying to people with this non-answer?  It does not do as you say it does.  As an Adobe employee, is it company policy to direct people to an incorrect solution to their issue?  Maybe use your position in the company to listen to the complaints and push an update to actually allow the application users to disable a feature that is seen as unnecessary to most.  That seems a lot more productive than pointing people in the wrong direction when they ask for help.  What your doing is unprofessional and shameful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As people have repeatedly said above, it's not the generative AI option that is the problem, it's the stupid AI assistant button that has appeared on the main toolbar. You'd know this if you'd read the thread. The only help needed is how to remove this, and if there is any other option than 'Disable New Acrobat', which presumably will stop being possible at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer our question.  How do we turn this garbage OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines