Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Blue Highlight on Fillable Forms for All Users

Participant ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can someone please provide the Javascript code used to remove the blue highlight (or any color) that appears on fillable fields of a form for any user that views it? I want any user that opens the form to see no background on fields and also checkboxes. I've created my own background in InDesign and the auto-highlighting disrupts the design. I am not a programmer so please provide instructions on how to do this. I have the most current version of Acrobat running on Windows 10. Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Worked for me too. Correct answer here

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kathy, I hope you are doing well. Just wanted to ask you if you found the solution to your question.

I am facing the same problem. I have created a pdf measurement tracker in  AI and now i was using adobe acrobat pro dc to make it fillable. when i am saving it, its giving me the default blue color in the fillable fields which just disrupts the design. Can you please let me know how can i fix this? I have tried many methods but nothings seem to be  working. 

I will appreciate your response

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Javascript method worked for me:
Tools>Javascript
Click Document Javascripts at the top.
Create a Script Name>Click Add
In the Javascript Editor box, remove any script that is there and enter this exactly:
app.runtimeHighlight = false;
Click OK
Click Close and Save
This should turn off the highlighting of anyone opening this file, but I believe it only works when they are viewing the pdf in Acrobat Pro. Opening in browsers or other viewers may not work.
Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I followed this and it worked. and you are right, it only works when the client is viewing it in acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me too. Correct answer here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines