• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove select metadata/description from multiple pdf files

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to use a single action, run a script, or implement some other efficient method:

• Watermark (two separate types)
  • Remove author and keyword from the file description (or metadata I believe it's referred to as)
  • Secure the PDF - no password required for opening, only for edits but still allow for High Resolution printing

I have a somewhat efficient method of watermarking (dragging and dropping multiple files) but the next two require a manual change with each file - I have to do with this with up to 200 documents a week and its quite time consuming - any tips?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Yes, it is.

For #2: Add the "Add Document Description" command from the Content panel, then click it on the right-hand side of the window, un-tick the Prompt User check-box and click on Specify Settings, and enter the following options:

try67_0-1621843134207.png

For #3 add an Encrypt command from the Protection sub-menu, and follow the same procedure, specifying the security policy you want to apply to all files.

Then add a Save command (in addition to the Add Watermark command you already added before, I presume) and y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it with the Action Wizard, if you have Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main issue is the second point and third point above - can you setup Action Wizard so that it will only delete 'Author' and 'Keyword' from the file description/metadata? 

I've seen where you can use the Action Wizard to setup watermarking, but not for securing/protecting a file from edits but still allow for High Resolution printing - I'll take a closer look but I wasn't able to figure that out if that is an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is.

For #2: Add the "Add Document Description" command from the Content panel, then click it on the right-hand side of the window, un-tick the Prompt User check-box and click on Specify Settings, and enter the following options:

try67_0-1621843134207.png

For #3 add an Encrypt command from the Protection sub-menu, and follow the same procedure, specifying the security policy you want to apply to all files.

Then add a Save command (in addition to the Add Watermark command you already added before, I presume) and you're ready to go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked perfectly, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines