Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Sticky Note Icon next to Text Markups

Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Acrobat Pro DC on Win7. I am converting MS Visio 2016 files to PDF but it has started adding annoying yellow Sticky Note comment chat bubbles next to every text box.

Any ideas on how to convert .VSD to PDF without creating these yellow comment icons?

Acrobat_SpeechBubbles.JPG

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Hello Mark,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. By default PDF Studio Version 9 is set to copy the text you mark up into the annotation note. A sticky note/bubble will appear right next to the markup on the page to indicate that there is text in the note.

To remove the text note from a specific text markup annotation, follow the step below:

1. Using the Hand Selection tool, double-click on the text markup annotation. This will open the annotation note popup dialog.

2. Delete all

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. By default PDF Studio Version 9 is set to copy the text you mark up into the annotation note. A sticky note/bubble will appear right next to the markup on the page to indicate that there is text in the note.

To remove the text note from a specific text markup annotation, follow the step below:

1. Using the Hand Selection tool, double-click on the text markup annotation. This will open the annotation note popup dialog.

2. Delete all of the text from the note section

3. Close the note popup dialog and the icon will go away

You may also refer to Flattening a PDF with sticky notes

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, but long painful way of doing this. quick and easy:

edit> preferences> Commenting > uncheck Enable text indicators and tooltips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously. You just saved me a bunch of time so THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this after struggling with the sticky notes for months.  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn it, that also turns off the actual redline comments I need to see.  Is there a way to turn of JUST the yellow comment bubbles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this totally worked!  However, when I went to print, the actual annotation did not print even though I could see it on the PDF.  I found that this was printing issue, so I am posting the fix in case it helps someone else.  Ctrl+P to print, and on the main page under the "Comments & Forms" section, select "Document and Markups" and then the annotated comments will print.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

legendary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was the answer I was looking for! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines