• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove stored signature

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove a stored signature? Although I have used the stored image of my signature, most of the documents I sign for the organization I work for I just type in my name.

I removed my stored signature image from it's previously used file location on my computer. Today I signed a document and suddenly the image of my signature pops into the field. It's never automatically filled in the signature field, if I wanted to use it I had to go get it.

I have not intentionally stored the image of my signature anywhere in Adobe Acrobat, Reader or Cloud nor can I find it in any of those apps. I will no longer be working with this organization soon and don't want my signature available for anyone else to use.

Thank you,

Kelley C

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Go to Edit - Preferences - Signatures - Identities and Trusted Certificates, select the signature profile you want to remove and click on Remove ID. Note that this process is not reversible and if you delete a profile you won't be able to verify any signatures you applied in the past using it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit - Preferences - Signatures - Identities and Trusted Certificates, select the signature profile you want to remove and click on Remove ID. Note that this process is not reversible and if you delete a profile you won't be able to verify any signatures you applied in the past using it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove the signature I typed and can drag and drop in Adobe Fill and Sign. The - button is grayed out. I do not need to remove my certificate signature, just the quick signature in Adobe fill & sign. The one that has "Add Initials" below it. That is the one that needs to be removed so I can add a new one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same - I do not want to remove my certificate, I want to remove (or just edit - it looks terrible and I want to redo it) the Fill & Sign image of my signature that I created 10 minutes ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I was tearing my hair out trying to do the same and found this helpful thread on the community.  https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/cannot-remove-saved-signature-in-acrobat-pro-dc/m... 

Here's the solution I posted, in case it helps!

I'm on a MacOS Monterey.  After choosing "Fill & Sign" or the "Sign Yourself" icon to get my existing signature images to pop up, I had to click and hold the gray minus sign next to the signature I wanted to remove.  That gave me the + icon to "Add Signature". (Sliding it to the left didn't work for me.) Very buggy and not intuitive at all, so a big thanks to y'all on this thread for helping me figure this out!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that is not working on a PC.  Best solution I found, so far, was this (I can't figure out how to link directly to this thread, so c&p):

Community Beginner , 
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Great news Ben! I found the files associated with the signatures & initials. It seems like there are 3 files in total; if any one of them are deleted, it will erase both the signature and initials that you have saved.

%appdata%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\acrobat_fss_signature_initials

%appdata%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\acrobat_fss_signature_initialsi

%appdata%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\acrobat_fss_signature_initialsk

If you have the Fill & Sign applet open when you delete the files, you will simply need to close the tool (or switch to another one) and reopen. No need to even close Acrobat.

I think it will just automatically overwrite all 3 even if you delete one, as they will all have the same datemodified after recreating them. I created a quick script for my users that deletes all of them, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, it is works like a charm , you solve my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: I tried what you suggested (I want to remove the signature and the highlights of the person who lent me this version of the text) but it says the following: "Removing a digital ID is only permitted if the ID was created by Adobe Reader or Acrobat version 8.0 or later". How can I do to modify the text and add my own highlights? Also is having their signature and encryption in my text safe? could it have viruses? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines