• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing Image object

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We work with a lot of scanned documents, which have an image in the background that we are able to remove through the edit function. But the problem is it can only be done page-wise page and not all pages together. Is there a way we can remove backgrounds from all the pdf pages at once? 

This way we save a lot of time.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say image in the backgraound are you referring to a watermark on every page or more than one backgroun dimage on every page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your revert. The background is more like a standard layer on all the pages. I have attached a sample of the pdf in my original query.

You will see that the first 4 pages have a white background that's because I have removed it. The next four pages have a background image that I want to remove in bulk i.e. from all pages together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many pages long is this document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is approx 800 pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+++EDITED REPLY,  A made a mistake in saying that the javascript seem to delete an image if it was treated as an annotation.

I was asking because the best work around seems to be this:

annots.png

But since you mentioned that is 800 pages long I was trying to figure out with a javascript instead.

The javascript below shows how to destroy annotations. 

this.syncAnnotScan();
var myAnnotList = this.getAnnots({nPage: 2});
for (var i=0; i<myAnnotList.length; i++)
if ((myAnnotList[i].type == "Image") 
myAnnotList[i].destroy();

It made sense to me to think of this approach since when you open the  Content View pane (shown above in the slide), the image type appears as a contenairezied object listed under an annotation type.

But "Image" is not an annotation type.  So the script above is incorrect. Im just trying to illustrate if this would be possible following a similar script.

Everyone that I've followed in these forums said this is not possible with JavaScript. 

So, maybe ...just maybe. this could be worked around with using another approach. Maybe editing the Accessibility tags of the image containers. I just haven't found a way to do it all in one shot.

In any case, the best results will involve a lot of testing with the Print Production tool, and come up with a Preflight profile that flattens everything into a single layer.

There is an option that merges all fragmented objects together. Let's say that If you're able to get this correclty then maybe a similar script could be employ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your efforts. As I am not a technical guy, can you please guide me where can I find some expert to help me with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u can use Adobe Acrobat Preflight Option

Preflight - Options - New Fixup - Pages - Remove Objects - Color Images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To elaborate on Mariom's excellent suggestion, you can also use an Acrobat preflight to move all images to a separate layer, then delete that layer.

Tools> Print production> Preflight> Fixups. Note that preflights can be edited and saved, but you must first make a copy of the preflight using the small fly out options menu.

Create layers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines