• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing specific text objects from multiple pages (Content pane and Preflight)

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping someone could help me with trying to delete specific objects that are text from multiple pages of a PDF.  They are essentially Batch Stamped numbers at the top right of the page.  I could manually delete them by using Edit PDF > selecting the object and hitting delete or go to the Content Pane in the navigation area and finding each object there and deleting but if it's thousands of pages, I don't to go to each page to do that.  I played around with Preflight and created a fixup but there were times were it removed more objects than expected and I couldn't tell what it removed.  So I have a few questions.

1.  Is there an easier way to just find all the Form XObjects > Select them then delete?

FormXObject.JPG

2.  If I do use Preflight Fixups, is there a way to specify a specific Font name?  I tried to type just Arial but it doesn't work, if I remove the font name criteria, the text size and TrueType checks work.  You can see the properties of the objects below.  I used the Object Inspector from Output Preview to find this info.

ObjectInspector.JPG

3.  If I do have to use Preflight, is there a way to have a report that shows what it removed from each page?  I was able to create a report but it only shows one line that says how many objects were removed but at the top it says no errors found.  No details.  Just want to make sure nothing is removed isn't supposed to be.

Results.JPG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yoiu ever find a solution for this?  Have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I have a 1300-page document with a Form XObject which I want to delete from every single page.  I haven't found any method to do this with Acrobat or any third party tools unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I found a solution to my particular problem (removing interactive Form XObjects from multiple pages in a PDF):

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro:

1.  Go to 'More Tools' and 'Print Production'.
  2.  Click 'Preflight'
  3.  Click 'Select single fixups' (button with a wrench icon) and 'Search all libraries' (button with green stripes on it)
  4.  Scroll to the 'Interactive elements and properties' section and double click 'Remove all form fields' (alternatively you can also use the search box to find this fixup)
  5.  Save to a separate file so you have a copy. The copy should have no more Form XObjects!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines