• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeating Redactions

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I apply and save redactions, they are repeating across multiple pages (either before or after page applied). I have tried restarting, checking for updates, reinstalling Acrobat DC, and optimizing the pdf prior to redacting. I am using the Pro account through Creative Cloud. I have tried actively applying the "Repeat Across Multiple Pages", then deleting the repeats before applying redactions - the repeated applied redactions still appear. Help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Erica26004318k3q1,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for the trouble.

Can you check if the redactions have multiple entries to a single redaction?

You can refer to the help article for more: Removing sensitive content from PDFs in Adobe Acrobat DC

Also, would you mind sharing the below information:
1. The version of Acrobat you are using;

2. Is this issue specific to a file or all the files?

You can also try installing the 64 bit version of the application from here: Download Acrobat installer for Enterprise term or VIP license (adobe.com)

Hope this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Redactions do not have multiple entries (except when I tried applying them so I could delete). Running Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release 2022.002.20191 64-bit. So far, it's only been this document, but it's happened with a "printed" version as well, i.e. I printed to an Adobe pdf, and am having the same issues as with the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly have the same problem: The redaction duplicates itself across the pages. Solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Natalie33797404v3tt,

Thank you for writing in! 

The document on which you experience the issue, does it contain a background image or created using any third party application?

In such scenarios, there's a possibility that Acrobat performs the redaction on the background too, which leads to the marks staying over on the other pages as well.

Please try these steps once:  "Remove Hidden Information" > then "Mark for Redaction" (but it is necessary to select text in a square now, rather than selecting lines of text) > "Apply redactions" > Save.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but yourt advice is useless. Remove Hidden Infdormation does not solve whatever the Acrobat glitch is. I just re-scanned a hard copy of the document, OCRed it and the stupid Adobe problem went away. I am recommending that we ditch Adobe across our 9 offcies and move to Nitro Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well.

Whether I redact a single word or multiple, once saved it repeats across all my other pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines