Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replicate text field content in another text field

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was trying to configure a text field so that the content the user types is replicated in another text field in another part of the document- any ideas would be massivley appreciated

Thanks

Scott

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

I am assuming you are trying to prepare a form? If yes, when you choose the text field, keep the text field names same for both. Right click on the text field boxes and select properties and change name to do that. So when the user types something on the text field 1, the same is copied into text field 2. 

Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming you are trying to prepare a form? If yes, when you choose the text field, keep the text field names same for both. Right click on the text field boxes and select properties and change name to do that. So when the user types something on the text field 1, the same is copied into text field 2. 

Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do the same thing. I want to copy same value from and entered field response, but the problem I keep running into is for example I only want that value to show if a checkbox is marked in that certain location. However I have 4 different checkboxes. So fx (if checkbox"a" is checked show the value, if checkbox b is checked show the value ect. I also have the Checkboxes to automatically be checked if it reflects the subject of the attached document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this case give the field that will be getting copied value a unique field name and then use a calculation script to perform the conditional copy. 

Read these articles:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/How-to-write-an-If-statement.cfm

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/How-to-Write-a-Basic-PDF-Calculation-Script.cfm

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fields that have the same name, are essentially the same field, so they share the same value.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines