• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Request E-Signatures removes formulas from fields

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to start off I have been trying to get help from Adobe support for weeks now, and after about 30 calls I am so done talking to them. Half the time they hang up when they hear the issue, the ones that do connect either make changes to my primary document and after hours cant figure it out, or some just say its not possible at all. They dont call back when calls drop, they dont call back when you have scheduled callbacks for tier 2 support, they have VERY poor service skills. I am hoping someone on here can help because I am sort of on an island here. 

I have a handful of PDF's that I made in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. They contain check box fields that when selected have an export value of a single intiger number so 1, 2, 3... There is a field at the bottom that has a calculate formula set to Sum (+) the totals of various selected fields. The fields are listed seperated by a comma such as A1, A2, A3... This calculation works no problem when I test it in Adobe.

The problem occours when I send it to someone using Request E-Signatures. This process sends the document to a recipient via an email with a link. The link takes them to documents.adobe.com which lets them fill out the fourm, sign it, and send it back to me using their browser. They get the file fine and can select the check boxes or circles, but the sum calculations never take place. The total field remains at 0. They can manually type in this box, but thats not its intent. 

This issue happens to multiple different recipients, using different computers. The same issue happens in IE, Edge, and Chrome, and even in safe/incognito browsing. However if I open the PDF directly with Edge or Chrome, the formulas work fine and the pdf responds normally. I am not sure what I am doing wrong where the formula is being removed or doesnt work in the Adobe Request E-Signatures feature. I need it to work this way because the recipients are so not tech savy that even asking them to download adobe reader is like talking french to them, so having an easy link has worked out best for me in the past. 

I have attached a sample document where selecting Yes gives a value of 1 and No a value of 0, but none of the total formulas work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use Adobe Acrobat Sign it removes the calculations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe Acrobat Sign removes the calculations, why are calculated fields available for creation within Acrobat Sign?  I have a form template created in Acrobat Sign with a number of calculated fields.  They all work when it is initially sent out.  When the form is approved some of the date calculated fields disappear and the sum calculated field disappears.  One date calculated field is still visible but the correct format reverts back to an incorrect format.  Calculated fields to find the multiplied total of a quantity by unit price are still visible, but the sum total of all the line items is disappeared.

I have tried to change the field property of ownership to pre-filled, everyone, approver, signer, but I can't figure out how to get the fields to remain as they are calculated upon first sending of the document.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Acrobat Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines