• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: "Requested view is not available for the resource in the current state" in Acrobat Pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (32 bit) and getting the below error when trying to send a file for someone else's signature (after I signed it). This error coming only for one particular file and have no issue in sending other files for signatures.

'Requested view is not available for the resource in the current state'

What are the causes of the error? how can I resolve it?

TOPICS
Adobe Sign forms , Send documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

I'm getting the following error on Windows 10 with Acrobat DC when trying to request signatures.

Requested view is not available for the resource in the current state

When using Acrobat via Documentcloud, clicking on Request Signatures under Recomeneded Tools gets stuck on a 'Loading Adobe Sign' spinning circle.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

William 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Hi @Elaine282176225l6w 

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/transaction-limits.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dilan,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'Requested view is not available for the resource in the current state' for a particular PDF document

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to send the document for signature? Are you using the Mega sign option in Adobe sign (Business/Enterprise level account)? If yes, please check out the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/getting-an-error-while-using-post-megaSignId-views.html and see if that works for you.

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not using a Mega Sign option. Just adobe acrobat DC (Fill a Sign option)

Following are the steps I followed.

0. Combine 6 pages and make one PDF file. (Totally 8 pages)

1. Click the 'Sign & Fill' tool on the most left side panel

2. Click ' Request Signature' on the 'Fill & Sign ' Toolbar

3. Add signatures

4. Specify where to sign

Can't send for the signature and I'm getting the above error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this issue ever get resolved? I am having the same issue.  I've used Adobe Pro DC many times, but keep getting this error message no matter that I try. 

'Requested view is not available for the resource in the current state'

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using a Mega Sign option. Just adobe acrobat DC (Fill a Sign option)

Following are the steps I followed.

0. Combine 6 pages and make one PDF file. (Totally 8 pages)

1. Click the 'Sign & Fill' tool on the most left side panel

2. Click ' Request Signature' on the 'Fill & Sign ' Toolbar

3. Add signatures

4. Specify where to sign

Can't send for the signature and I'm getting the above error.

Having the same issue and following the same steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file that you have created after combining 6 pages or with all the PDFs that you try to send for signature? Please try with a different PDF file and see if that helps.

Also please try to send document for signature via Document Cloud - https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ and see if that helps.

Also make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here in 2022 - unhelpful error message and no online help seems available either.

Please give us reasons why this error happens so we can expolore solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sevenh 

Would you mind sharing the small video recording of the steps you are doing and the issue you are experiencing so that we can check it on our end.

Also make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20281/82 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. 

I have signed a document and then I click on 'Next' --> ' Request Signature' and it fails before I can even specify the location of the signatures with the error message specified above. I have the latest version installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anoek27628272su2v 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Have you check if you can send the document for signature via https://acrobat.adobe.com/  without any issues?

Also, try to use the new incognito window on Chrome and check if you experience the same behavior.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same, when I tried uploading it to website version of Adobe Sign -- got new message! Exceeding the page limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heyo, I know you wrote this over a month ago, but I thought I'd pop this here for anyone with this issue.

I just fixed this exact issue for a client by flattening the pdf. Steps below.

The error message is vague and useless but when I clicked "more options" and stepped through the upload, I was given a much more helpful error message "Acrobat Sign was unable to create your agreement because the document could not be thumbnailed."

Steps to Flatten a PDF (with Adobe Acrobat)

• Open up your PDF in Adobe Acrobat (not Adobe InDesign or Adobe Reader).
  • Click File > Print > Select "Adobe PDF" as the printer > Click OK.
  • You are prompted to save the new print. Hint: Use a different filename.
  • You are then able to upload this newly flattened PDF document with no further issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/unable-to-create-your-agreement-because-the-document-could-not-be-th....

I hope this may help someone. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had this same error message when sending for signatures from my PC, so I tried to send for e-signatures via the document cloud. It still wouldn't send, but it gave me a clearer error message. It said, "Acrobat Sign was unable to create your agreement because the document(s) exceeded your page limit." I don't know what the limit is, but I was trying to work with 109 page document. Hope this helps someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Elaine282176225l6w 

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/transaction-limits.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the following error on Windows 10 with Acrobat DC when trying to request signatures.

Requested view is not available for the resource in the current state

When using Acrobat via Documentcloud, clicking on Request Signatures under Recomeneded Tools gets stuck on a 'Loading Adobe Sign' spinning circle.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

William 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are getting the error 'Requested view is not available for the resource in the current state' while using the Adobe Sign.

Please check the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/getting-an-error-while-using-post-megaSignId-views.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using the REST API so that article has nothing to do with how to resolve my paticular issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue. Above directed help, information is not related to the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. My issue was because I had changed email addresses assigned to my account. After waiting a few days it sorted itself out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue. The support chat center at Adobe is pretty unhelpful so I've been stuck in this loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. We would need some more information for a better understanding of the issue

- Would you mind sharing the steps/workflow you are doing and getting this error message?

- Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

- Have made any changes to your Adobe ID/email?

Also make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 of the application installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is specific to trying to open/edit/use a TEMPLATE from the web-based https://documentcloud.adobe.com.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

• Once logged in, under the "Documents" header, click on "Templates."
  • Select a pre-saved template and click any of the following links:
    • Open Template
    • Use Template
    • Edit Template
  • RESULT: an endless loop of "Loading Adobe Sign" which never resolves. (see screenshot attached)

A FEW NOTES:

• I've tested this on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, on three different machines. I arrive at the same result each time.
  • I am using the most current version of Adobe Acrobat DC (21.07.20099) however, this issue is not related to the app, where templates are not available (as far as I know). This issue is specific to the website - documentcloud.adobe.com.
  • I get the same result on any of the 4 existing templates I have saved to my account. These used to work, but they no longer allow my access to edit/use/open them.
  • The only change I've made to my Adobe ID recently was that I changed my first name from "James" to "Jim".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James!

Sorry for the delay in response.

Thank you for sharing the steps to reproduce the issue and reporting this.

Please confirm if the issue occurs only when you try to work with the templates.

Did you check if you can send the document for signature via documentcloud.adobe.com without any issues?

Also, try to use the new incognito window on Chrome and check if you experience the same behaviour.

Let us know about your findings as that will help us to further investigate this issue.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines