• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Required fields not being validated before 'submit a form' action is taken

New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created a fill-in pdf form using Adobe Acrobat with several required fields and then a submit button using the 'submit a form' action.   The pdf form will submit even though a required input field hasn't been completed.  It works just fine and gives an error message when all required fields aren't completed, but as soon as one required field is completed (but other required field are not completed), it submits the form.   I don't want them to be able to submit unless all required fields are complete.   

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you testing it in Adobe Acrobat or Reader, or some other PDF viewer?

Can you share the file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm testing it with Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To ensure your PDF form only submits when all required fields are completed, you need to add JavaScript validation. In Adobe Acrobat, go to the "Properties" of the submit button, select the "Actions" tab, choose "Run a JavaScript" and add a script that checks all required fields before submission. This script will prevent the form from submitting until all required fields are filled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true. The built-in "Submit a form" command should perform this validation. No script is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,  I've used this before for many forms, and the 'Submit a Form' action always validated that there was entry in the required fields, but it doesn't seem to be working now with the same field properties.   Not sure why.   Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  On all my prior forms, I have used the 'submit a form' function and it has always validated all required fields prior to allowing the submit, and I never used java script.   Not sure why it isn't working now.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines