Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Requiring .00 to complete a currency field in an online form

New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I currently have a form with a field which contains a currency value. When I enter 10,000 for the value (ten thousand dollars) but forget to add .00 to the end, the form converts the value to 10.00. Is there some way to require the user to have .00 (or .50 if fifty cents is required) in order to allow proper completion of the field? Below is a screenshot of the format and what I get if I don't put .XX at the end of the entered value.

defaultc07segnsqa2c_0-1622288618741.png

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you use format already there is no need to add , just enter like this 10000 or 10000.50 for cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I don't add the .00 and just type 10000, it works fine. When 10,000 is entered it trims two of the zeros and converts it to 10.00.

What I am looking for is a way for it to work the same both ways.

Example:

10000 = $10,000.00

10,000 = $10,000.00

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should not be happening. Could you share the file with us? Also, in what application (including exact version number) are you filling it in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file was obtained through a web site forms page so I did not write it.

Screenshot of the versions under wich the file was originally created.

thatch-user_0-1622318660627.png

I am using Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.001.20135 to view the file on which it seems to work fine.

The issue is when the file is opened and edited in a browser rather than a locally installed Adobe viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I am sure that would have been good information to give initially. I did not notice the difference till now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the fault is with the PDF plugin used in that browser. Report the issue to the developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That is what I suspect as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines