• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolving "deprecated SHA1 algorithm" warning popup

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I click on a signature field to sign using my TOPAZ signature pad, and get a warning popup saying I am using a deprecated SHA1 algorithm and terrible things might happen.  I click OK and sign anyway.  Not sure how to stop using or replace the SHA1.  Do this in Acrobat Pro XI or contact TOPAZ?  Or update Windows? Thx

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Hi Txswebb,

Here is the page that describes the details of the SHA1 warning dialog you are seeing. Applying a digital signature using the deprecated SHA1 algorithm warning message  As you can see, the issue may be a limitation in your Topaz device or certificate.

It may also be that a registry key is set to create signatures with SHA1. Please check for the aSignHash key as mentioned on the warning page. If that key is not present, then likely the warning is due to a limitation of your device/tok

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Txswebb,

Here is the page that describes the details of the SHA1 warning dialog you are seeing. Applying a digital signature using the deprecated SHA1 algorithm warning message  As you can see, the issue may be a limitation in your Topaz device or certificate.

It may also be that a registry key is set to create signatures with SHA1. Please check for the aSignHash key as mentioned on the warning page. If that key is not present, then likely the warning is due to a limitation of your device/token.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So my device is a brick? I guess that's why they were "Used".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines