• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reusable form field layer templates

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a template for repeated form signing and confirmation, as laid out in this guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/create-document-template.html

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro, it seems like I don't have the options listed. On the desktop or web app, there is no "Create a reusable template" icon. The navigation buttons in general do not match up. When I create a regular template, there are no options for template type. I can only edit the name of it. 

Suggestions, please. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These instructions are for Adobe Sign, not Adobe Acrobat. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to create a one-page template with 4 form fields to layer over other pdf's. The 4 fields I want to create are 2 signature fields (one for signer 1, one for signer 2), one drop down box for signer 2, and a place for optional text for signer 1. 

The purpose is for sequential invoice approval for my two bosses of the invoices I enter. I have to combine multiple invoices (and each invoices corresponding backup documentation like receipts) into one PDF, and I need the one template to layer over specific pages of this combined document. I submit invoices twice a week, and they're requesting each set of invoices be in one document so they don't have to open like 20 different files. 

It's not practical for me to drag, edit, and assign the 4 form fields to each new file I have because of how many invoices I am submitting, so I really need to create some kind of template that has these 4 fields already prepared. Hope I explained this well enough; thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it by opening the file with the fields and using the Replace Pages command on it to insert the new page instead of the old one. This will keep your fields in tact.

Another option is to use a script to add the fields to the file. You could then add them using a single click, but it requires some scripting know-how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer does not answer the question. IT worked in the old version just not in the new updated version. There is a tutorial via and adobe line but lastupdate drom nov 2021. We are trying to figure out how to make that work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TL_TalkVox,

Would you mind elaborating on the issue?

Please let us know what does not work. Share the complete workflow you do.

Share the application and OS version you are using.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm using adobe pro and and esign. Im

not able to make a template for any doc. As stated above i do not have the drop down menu to choose such a form. I can make a template but it's only for that exact document. I just want to be able to lay the fields over any doc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plan of Adobe Sign does you own?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay Okay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morgan,

Thank you for reaching out.

As try67 mentioned above, the help document is fr the Adobe Sign account. We have checked your account and see that you are subscribed to Acrobat Pro DC that includes the Adobe Sign individual plan. Would like to inform you that the feature to create a template with a reusable form field layer is not available with an individual plan.

As you are using the Acrobat Pro DC, please refer to the information provided in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/document-cloud/help/create-template.html

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. So what plan exactly do I need, the enterprise account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature is available with Adobe Sign Small business, business, and enterprise plans.

For more information on Adobe sign plans, you may refer to the following and select the Multi-User tab: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/sign/pricing/plans.html.

To get detailed information on plans, please use the contact us button provided on the page.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know about the signing requirements, but in Acrobat DC, if you want to have a reusable template that can be overlaid on scanned forms that you process, look at this explanation: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/apply-a-form-fillable-quot-layer-quot-on-pdf-file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines