• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Revising existing PDF

Participant ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF created by a third party that I would like revise and refine to make it more informative and offer the user options to filter out some of the "noise" in the file.  Let me explain.  I have a pdf file that is a collection of medical records in a court proceeding.  They are loosely organized as seperate exhibits based upon the treating source and the date range of the enclosed medical records.  They are marked with a bookmark named like "Treatment Notes-Dr. Doom 1/1/2020 - 12/31/2022".  Each page within a bookmark titled with a page number as in "Page 1 of X".    

I would like to reorganize these records for viewing purposes only - obviously the existing evidence file PDF remains the same. 

One very time consuming aspect of reviewing these files is that the is a plethora of documents/pages that are not relevant.  And on the other side, certains types of documents are very important.   I want to classify each page of this file.  So that for example if page 12 of Exhibit 2F is a cover letter from the government ordering medical records from the doctor, I want to label that essentially as "chaff".  And if there is a critical MRI result I want to be able to label it as a "Key diagnostic Test".

Then, I want to create an alternative booking marking view.  What if I had a bookmarking that simply ignored the "trash" pages, or provided the user with an option "View Critical Diagnostic Testing".   The user could always toggle back to the original government generated bookmark display.

This is obviously a very big task, and I am not asking someone to code it for me.  Rather, I am looking for suggestions on how to go about solving the problem.  Thanks for reading!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

- You can mark pages using Sticky Notes, for example, and then sort or extract them based off that later on, using a script. You can also use bookmarks for that, but see the next item.

- You can't have two sets of bookmarks for a single PDF, but you can create a copy of the file and replace the current bookmarks with the new ones, or you could put all the current bookmarks under a new top-level one, and add your new bookmarks under another top-level one, and then show/hide each "tree" as you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines