Right-click option to Overlay in Acrobat DC on Windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Acrobat XI, I had a feature that allowed me to select two PDFs in Windows Explorer and choose Overlay. I do not see that option in Acrobat DC on Windows 10. I know I can do it inside of the app using Add Background, but that right-click option was far more efficient for the work I perform. Has the option been removed?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

I am fairly certain that this functionality was not part of a normal Acrobat instalation. Is it possible that you had a 3rd party plug-in installed that provided this functionality? In addition to the background, you can also use the watermark feature to accomplish the same (but again, not with just one mouse-click). 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly certain that this functionality was not part of a normal Acrobat instalation. Is it possible that you had a 3rd party plug-in installed that provided this functionality? In addition to the background, you can also use the watermark feature to accomplish the same (but again, not with just one mouse-click). 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh. That was correct (3rd party addin). Thank you for pointing me in what should have been an obvious direction. I appreciate the response.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few years of having access to something, it feels natural, and seems obvious that it's a part of Acrobat. That just illustrates how well thought out the Acrobat API is. Do you mind sharing what 3rd party tool you are using for this? I actually wrote a plug-in like that about 20 years ago, but that stayed with the company I worked for back then, and I don't have access to it anymore.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly right. My user thought it was part of Acrobat because it was so seemless. 🙂

I'm working from a single, very old screenshot that showed the title bar of:  PDF Create! Assistant.

I'm still trying to figure out who the vendor is, but I think I've narrowed it down to Nuance or Kofax, and leaning towards Nuance because of the exclamation point in the name.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right! We tested and this is the same software the user had previously under a different name (Kofax instead of PDF Create!). Thank you for your guidance. Have a wonderful weekend.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines