• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rounded edges on gestures on ink annotations after adobe update

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have a PDF form where we have a few ink annotations that are programmatically added via javascript a based on a save trigger.  I noticed after the recent adobe upgrades that the edges are now rounded on the gestures which is causing a problem with some of our systems that read the documents.  Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix? 

Current/post-upgrade:

Benjamin27075656e2it_0-1668439044547.png

Previous/pre-upgrade:

Benjamin27075656e2it_2-1668439044784.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Ideally the line ending shape would be set with a property, such as the lineEnding property. 

But, the documentation indicates that it does not apply to the ink annot, not that the documentation has much meaning on this issue, but I believe this is a change in how the ink annot works and there isn't a setting for it  

https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/library/jsapiref/JS_API_AcroJS.html#lineending

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for my clarification - is this a pencil/drawing annotation?  I tried to create one manually, and I get a rounded line endcap that way.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave - thank you for the response.  The type of annotation is Ink and I'm drawing within the annotation using the 'gestures' variable.  An example is below.  I'm seeing the rounded line endcaps now too but am trying to see if I can get it to display with the flat endcap again.

var gestureArr = new Array();
gestureArr[0] = [100,100];
gestureArr[1] = [110,100];
console.println(points);
this.addAnnot({
type: "Ink",
page: 0,
gestures: [gestureArr],
strokeColor: color.red,
width: 1
})

Benjamin27075656e2it_0-1668452056528.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quick correction to the code snipped - I had some debugging in there.

var gestureArr = new Array();
gestureArr[0] = [100,100];
gestureArr[1] = [110,100];
this.addAnnot({
type: "Ink",
page: 0,
gestures: [gestureArr],
strokeColor: color.red,
width: 1
});

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally the line ending shape would be set with a property, such as the lineEnding property. 

But, the documentation indicates that it does not apply to the ink annot, not that the documentation has much meaning on this issue, but I believe this is a change in how the ink annot works and there isn't a setting for it  

https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/library/jsapiref/JS_API_AcroJS.html#lineending

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the response.  Yeah it looks like that is the case.  Hopefully there is an undocumented way to set the lineEndings in the gestures or this gets reverted/configurable in the next update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines