• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rulers Cover Top Bleed in New Version (Zoom to Page Level)

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

In the New Version of Adobe Acrobat (2023.006.20320), when I open a PDF file that has bleeds and Rulers are activated, why does the Top Ruler cover the Top bleed of a file.  In previous Version it would show the whole PDF with the bleeds and the Rulers would Not cover or interfer with the File.  I have  the PDF's set to Fit to Page Level as I have always in the past.

Having the Rulers always activated should bump the image down to fit automatically

Can Adobe try to fix this issue.  Its kind of annoying having to Zoom Out every time I open a Document, when the Main settings are set to always Zoom to Page Level (or see the whole Document).

Please see attached image....

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , PDF , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug also seems to be present in Acrobat DC v23.008.20423 on macOS Sonoma v14.3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug still seems to be present in Acrobat DC v24.001.20615, on macOS Sonoma v14.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And 14.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you also noticed that when you draw guides now you cant see the guide when you grab it from the ruler.
It is not visible until you drag and let go then you can see it? Then if you want to move it again it disappears until you let go of it again!!

It is really a sad state when basic things like this no longer work correctly in Acrobat and 5-6 months go by and nothing is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

This is a know issue to our engineering team and they are working on it.

Would you mind sharing the OS and Acrobat DC versions you are using? To check the version, go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 24.01.20643 installed. Then, go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/3JiQZOs and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes

^AD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat version 2024.001.20615

macOS Ventura 13.6.6
Mac Studio M1 and Mac Mini 2018

Again, to be clear...
The rulers are hiding the edges of the pages in single page mode.
When creating or moving guides they can not be seen until you let go of the mouse.

I have already tried all of your recomendations for fixes....none of them worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This issue is reported to our engineering team and they are actively working on it.

We will share the update as soon as we get any information.

Thanks for understanding.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened a discussion about this problem before i found this one.
Was there ever a resolution to this, it is 5 months later and still Adobe has not fixed this???
I just updated to version 2024.001.20615 after not updating for several months (just to avoid new problems) and i have the same issue.
For prepress departments and printers in general this is a huge annoyance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im discussing strictly viewing PDF's with rulers on in single page mode.
The top of the pages are being hidden so you can not see all the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be that when rulers where turned on in Acrobat the page would get moved down so that you would see the full page preview just as you would with rulers off.
Now that is no longer the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word bleed in the headline of this thread is misleading.
The top of any page with or without bleeds is getting cropped off when rulers are turned on.
Important content is or could be hidden.
The black edging you see at the bottom of a single page preview is missing at the top when rulers are on.
Ridiculous that this bug still exists 5 months later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it is not just the top ruler hiding the tops of the pages.

The side ruler is doing the same thing, it is just that typically the page your viewing is not wide enough to notice it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

In the New Version of Adobe Acrobat (2023.006.20320), when I open a PDF file that has bleeds and Rulers are activated, why does the Top Ruler cover the Top bleed of a file.  In previous Version it would show the whole PDF with the bleeds and the Rulers would Not cover or interfer with the File.  I have  the PDF's set to Fit to Page Level as I have always in the past.

Having the Rulers always activated should bump the image down to fit automatically

Can Adobe try to fix this issue.  Its kind of annoying having to Zoom Out every time I open a Document, when the Main settings are set to always Zoom to Page Level (or see the whole Document).

Please see attached image....

By @Info32760194p1ne

I am also having this issue and it is driving me crazy. Mac OS 14.4.1 (23E224) Acrobat Pro Continuous Release | Version 2024.002.20687

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This is a known issue and being worked on.

The fix will be available in the future updates.

Thanks for understanding.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Thank you very much for confirming that Adobe is aware of the issue.  I really do appreciate that .  I did notice that the release on May 5th did not include a fix for this issue, and instead focused on AI issues. 

Is there another release coming within the next month that might address this bug and other known issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The team is still working on this issue; the fix will be available in future updates.

Thanks for your understanding.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Amal,

I can confirm that this issue is still present in Adobe Acrobat v2024.002.20857, on macOS 14.5, using MacBook Pro 16" with M1 Pro processor.  This version was released on 7/15/2024.  

Is there an issue number or ticket number that we can refer to to escalate this issue with support?  Our organization is concerned that the issue has been being actively worked on for a number of months without resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm as well that the issues have not been resolved.
The whole situation is really ridiculous.
That a major flaw like this can exist for almost a year from one of the biggest software companies in the world and nothing gets done about it is infuriating.
Adobe better be careful, there are competitors out there that are slowly but surely catching up to Adobe.

Companies like Affinity and PDF Expert.
People are moving too these brands first due to price but then discover that software like the Affinity suite of products, while not quite as well rounded as Adobe's, they have some features and benefits that they dont get with Adobe.  More and more people are willing to deal with the learning curve of new software rather than put up with Adobe's pricing configurations and constant problems with Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

This is still work in progress, we do not have a fixed time line for this issue to be fixed.

We will share the information as soon on as we get any update.

Thanks for your understanding.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have read through this thread and see that the last update was on May 10th saying that a fix would be in future updates. This has apparently been the response for the past 5 months. Prior to some change roughly 5-6 months ago, whenever we (printers & designers) enabled the Rulers to get a better idea of exactly where things are placed in our layouts, whatever page we were viewing, regardless of zoom level would automatically adjust (reduce itself) to the slightly smaller viewing space. By doing so, nothing was obscured behind the rulers except when zoomed in very close.

Actually this seems to be a deeper issue: If I zoom out far enough that the bottom of the currently displayed page is a little bit up from the bottom of the viewing space, the top is still slightly obscured even without the rulers turned on. In fact I just chose "Fit One Full Page" with the rulers turned off and I still have to scroll down (or up) to see the entirety of the page... Whenever I used to choose Fit, the page would automatically zoom to a level that would show the entirety of the current page within the current viewing space, with or without rulers. This happens on all documents I open.

To my best guess, someone has coded the back end to have a viewing space that is X (pixels/inches/millimeters) larger than the actual viewing space, with or without rulers. When we turn on the rulers, they just overlay the current viewing space without having any effect on how the page is displayed. But even without rulers on, there is no easy way to see the entirety of a document. The only way I have found that works is by manually adjusting the zoom, normally guessing as to the percentage needed more than once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add:

Acrobat Pro: Continuous Release Version 2024.002.20759

Architecture: arm64

Processor: Apple M1

Build: 24.2.20759.0

AGM: 7.1.5

CoolType: 9.1.0

JP2K: 4.0.2.54782

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for chiming in on this as i fear the only way we will get a resolution on this and the damn rulers not being visible when you grab them or move them, is if more people complain about it.
A lot of printers/prepress departments do not update Adobe versions for long periods of time because of this type of stuff happening.
That is why there may not be a larger outcry about these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines