• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As dialog box after each redaction

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Pro DC. Since the most recent update, when I have redacted sensitive information out of a document, the "Save As" dialog box pops up to save the file. Sometimes I have multiple redactions to make in a document, or even a page of a document. Is there a way to turn off the "Save As" diaglog box pop up until I complete the redaction? Sometimes I have hundreds of pages to redact sensitive information and it slows the progress of having to save the file after each and every redaction. Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvinience here.

I understand that you have to make multiple redactions in a document and SaveAs dialog after each apply is not what you want to see. Appling after making each redaction mark is not necessary, you can always make multiple redaction marks and then apply in one go. This will reduce the overhead of applying and saving the document after each redaction.

Also if you want you can save you redaction marks across sessions as well using 'Apply and save' option, and once you are done with making all redaction marks, apply them.

I hope this helps you, do let me know if you need more support here.

Thanks,

Charu karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesnt help me, I am constantly redacting a file carrying over information to a new file and then onto another file. Is there a way to disable this function? This wasn't a problem in earlier versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate this as well.  There are a number of reasons I apply redactions before I'm done with a document and the contant forcing to "save as" is so inefficient.  At least make a preference that can be turned off!  Every time Adobe "updates," the new features makes things worse.  Is there a way to un-update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try unchecking this option in the Preferences:

Capture_604.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines