• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

save pdf with selected layers

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf that has layers. I want to only have one of the layers visible then save so that the print shop can print in large format. When I save with only selected layer visible, the file still has all the layers showing. How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

All layers have a default visibility value. It is these default values that determine the visibility on opening. On the layers panel, right click on a layer and select properties to set this value. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I get annoyed by this also. If you open the pdf in acrobat and deselect the layers you don't want to see, then save as a jpeg it should work and save only the layers you want to see. Then I print that in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like all these answers are wrong or partial. This wokred for me - 1. deselect the layers you want to hide. 2. Right cleck each layer and select properties. 3. for each option turn off all visibilty options and then save as a new file so you dont alter the original. Default State: OFF Initial State: Visibility  - Never Visible, Print: Never Prints, Export: Never Export 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made a layer I wanted visible with Acrobat and flattened the layer.  Saved it and open with Photoshop.  Only the layer saved showed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines