Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save signed files locally

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Pro DC

For some reason Acrobat saves my signed files online in an Adobe cloud solution. I can later download a copy.

I need to be able to ONLY save it locally on my machine. No online copyes.

I can't fine anywhere where I can write a default path for saving documents.

Help will be greatly appreceated.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you need to be able to only save signed PDF locally on your machine and no online copies.

- Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to sign  and save the PDF files?

Please try the following preference setting and see if that works for you. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Uncheck 'Show online storage when saving the files' > Click OK and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

We are here for help, just need more information.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

Thanks for your reply. I think it worked partly.

I am using the windows version and when I sign I just click the pen icon to sign. (I have my signature uploaded).

Now it saves the file locally but if I want to save a non-edital version then it seams that I have to save it online first.

Is there a way to save a non-edital version locally?

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

We are sorry to hear that. When you save the PDF file as read only it gets certified by Adobe Sign (A Document Cloud Service).

You may simply save the PDF on your computer from the File menu after applying the signature, it saves the file  your computer. You may then password protect the PDF to make it non editable.

For more information about applying the password protection please check the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/securing-pdfs-passwords.html

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what it is called. I am aware of the possibility to password protect the files. That is not what I am looking for.

When I signed before (when it was saved online in the cloud solution) then it automatically saved it in a format that was non editable.

Now when I save it locally then I do not seem to get that optioin.

1. I want to save a signed document locally (fixed, thanks)

2. I still need the document in a format which can't be edited. (without having to password protect). Just as before when it saved it online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry to keep you waiting.

If you apply the digital/certificate signature to the PDF and save the file , the PDF gets locked for further editing.

Occasionally, you or the signer may choose to lock the document after signing. In this case, the document becomes read-only and no further changes are allowed; even a signature can’t be added in the document. The Lock document after signing option is useful if you’re the last signer or the only one signer. 

For more information please check the help page -  https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/edit-signed-PDF.html#WhatifaPDFislockedaftersigning

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Amal

I will check it out.

Br, Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines