• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved PDF disappeared from shared drive

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently working on some .pdf's and saved them in the shared drive after sometime I found some of the workings have disappeared. In Adobe Acrobat reader, I can still see them as recent records and can also see the location I saved them for the last edit. But they are just disappeared in that saved folder somehow. I also checked my recycle bin, nothing there from this month so I'm sure I didn't delete them accidently. So just wondering if there is any way to find out why and how they disappeared and recover the workings?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a shared drive, how many other users were having access to it?

Is it shared drive over a local area network environment? A shared drive in a cloud space? A shared drive between two computer at home?

What is the operating system that you're on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a shared drive, how many other users were having access to it? 2 users

Is it shared drive over a local area network environment? A shared drive in a cloud space? A shared drive between two computer at home? - Local area network environment also confirmed with other user he did not delete/move documents 

What is the operating system that you're on? Win 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would say to use the restore feature (right-click on network drive, select "Restore previous versions" and select a date that matches the last date that you see in your Acrobat's Recent view).

You may also want to verify if this happened after a recent update of the operating system or Acrobat, or both. In which case you my try this approach:

If that would be the case you may also want to try a similar method using the "Backup and Restore (Windows 7) " feature from the control panel.

Otherwise, see if this other tips are relevant to your issue in the links below.

If the Internet is used in that network,  and the shared folder is not completely offline from the Internet or resides in a network file server see this other methods of recovery:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines