Saves as pdf hassles

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why doesn't acrobat recognize the folder from which a file is made and go THERE to save as?  For example:  Let's say i'm in a folder at this location:  Desktop/somefolder/a folderinside_1 and I open a Word document, make a minor change and save as pdf.  Instead of going to the location where the word file lives (Desktop/somefolder/a folderinside_1) it wants to save in a default location.  Then I have to click around and navigate endlessly (let's say i have to do this A LOT.

It does remember the LAST folder where i did a save as PDF.  but why not capture the CURRENT folder where the WORD file was located?  For example,  I'm in Desktop/somefolder/a folderinside_1 and do a save as PDf and navigate to that folder...as described above.  I then go to Desktop/somefolder/a folderinside_2 I open another Word document, make some changes, and hit save as adobe pdf.  NOW it does not go to a default location instead it goes to the previous save location (Desktop/somefolder/a folderinside_1!!!)  then i have again navigate to Desktop/somefolder/a folderinside_2.

WHY OH WHY NOT just capture the foler where the word file lives and use that as the save as location without making me spend HOURS every week navigating folders - what waste of time!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?