• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving a prepared form

Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a form in InDesign with fields to fill out. I export as an Interactive PDF. In Acrobat I "Prepare the form" so it recognizes all the fields I have already created and it allows me to distribute it to people in the company.

This is a professional assessment form which will need to be sent out to a few people at separate times, not by me but someone in HR.

I don't seem to be able to save the "Prepared Form" that is ready to be sent out (that is the screenshot with the words in red boxes). If I hit save, then open it, it loses the 'prepared' fields (screenshot with light blue boxes). I have to go into "Prepare Form" everytime to get it ready.

I'd like for the PDF to be already "Prepared" and ready to distribute when the person in HR opens it. 

Also, will they be able to prepare a PDF if they only have Acrobat Reader? 

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added the dropdown entries in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should add and edit fields either in InDesign, or in Acrobat. The two don't play nice with each other on this front, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines