• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving fillable PDF to a Flattened PDF

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to protect the PDF I am looking for an option that when I save the fillable PDF I can save it as a flattened copy of the original. Is there a way to do this?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shaylen,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you wish to create a flattened copy after filling the form, you may try adding the digital signature. While adding the signature you can lock the document. It will convert the document to read-only mode. 

MeenakshiNegi_0-1622073187414.png

You may also try recreating the PDF using the Print option. Once you fill the form, go to File > Print. Then select the Adobe PDF as the printer and click on Print. 

Check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that printing "PDF to PDF" is considered a truly terrible thing to do, and should never be recommended to anyone for any purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can flatten all form fields with this code:

this.flattenPages();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I understand the concept behind this where would I enter this code? I am familiar with basic level coding, just not sure where to input this. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can run it from the Console. See: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/javascript_console

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also save as an optimized PDF (File> Save as other). Select Discard Objects and Flatten form fields. Save to a new name.

Flatten form fields.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines