Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving multiple shared review PDFs as archive copy

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We have many shared review PDF files that uses a sharepoint site as the comments repository.

The sharepoint site will be decommissioned, and we need to preserve the comments on these shared review PDFs.

To do so, we have to open each PDF and select [File] > [Save as archive copy].

This is rather time consuming, because we have many such PDFs.

I tried to create an Action using the Action Wizard that saves as "PDF/A", hoping to achieve the same result as "Save as archive copy" but I get an error message that says that "the document has been saved, howerver, it could not be converted according to the selected standard profile: Convert to PDF/A..."

As we were able to perform [File] > [Save as archive copy] manually without this error, I assume that I am using the wrong settings on the Action Wizard.

Does anyone know of the correct Action settings that will perform a batch [File] > [Save as archive copy] on multiple files?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know? This would really help us...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly, you are opening the PDF file using sharepoint and then saving it as a local copy.

You should ask this on a Microsoft forum as it is a Sharepoint problem. I'm sure there is a solution extracting the data automatically out of the Sharepoint database using Sharepoint programming.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo, thank you for the reply. I think I might not have expressed my question clearly enough.

No, the PDF files are not opened in sharepoint. The PDF files themselves are stored on our local computer. We are opening them manually, using Acrobat. We are merely using sharepoint as a repository to store shared review comments. It is one of the options offered in Acrobat. My question is independent of the respository location. For example, it doesn't matter if I store the comments in a shared folder or sharepoint.

What we need to do is the automate the process of opening each PDF file, and select [File] -> [Save as archive copy] from the menu. We are able to perform this manual save operation successful, so there is no issue of accessing the respository in sharepoint.

Our problem is having to perform this step manually for hundreds of files. I like to know if  there is a automated way of doing this.

Thank you again, for taking the time to reply.

Kelvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines